stefanmaine
Accepted Solution

Enable "Guest Access" on E1000 Router

I have a Linksys E1000 router. The firmware is 2.1.00 Build 7 August 30, 2010. I would like to turn on or enable the guest access function. I have gone to 192.168.1.1, and do not find anything there about guest access. At the Wireless tab, the choices are Basic Wireless Setting, Wireless Security, Wireless MAC filter, and Advamced Wireless Setting. Tfhank you.

Expert
Expert

Re: Enable "Guest Access" on E1000 Router

1. Install latest firmware.
2. Use Cisco Connect to configure guest network.
stefanmaine

Thank you. I have done both. I installed Cisco Connect on a laptop with Windows 7. And everything works.

I would also like to be able to access the router on a second laptop, a MacBook Pro with OS X Lion. I see that there is a Mac version of Cisco Connect, but my concern is that if I install that on the MacBook, it will change the name & password of the network from the new name. However, it seems that on the Mac I could then change the name/password back to what it is now using Cisco Connect>Router Settings>Personalize>Change. 

Am I right? 

Expert
Expert

I don't think cisco connect will mess up the configuration.

You can change the password back if necessary.

I don't think lion is currently supported.
ovchanel

Re: Enable "Guest Access" on EH Router

I live in a small building with a Motorola DSL Modem and a COM # Server box that is closely connected to A Cisco $ Port Router and our inernett constantly going offline, but  I have figured out a series of actions that keep us above water technical speaking. First I reset Our Modem at a certain point every day or every time we lose our connection then once the inert is up and running I then reset the Cisco Router and make sure it is all connected . Just like that Walla we have our inernet Connection back, and not to say that it would not have been passable for us to maintain our internet connection if it were not for my trusty key to the internet room .

Truely Yours: Master Blaster.

sammy66

i can go true my cisco all my type information please i need u help ty

Batteryman1

I need to know how to get a guest access code.

Kevin Thigpen

RogerSC

I'd suggest that you folks that posted on the end of this thread (after it was marked "answered") with questons, start your own threads with more information about your configuration, with your questions more clearly stated.  Once a thread has been marked as "answered", people tend to stop reading it, so your question isn't likely to be seen or answered on this "dead" thread.

xautraivn

Hi.  thank you :smileyhappy:check

cusmanj

unable to sign in my ipad   needs a guest password   can u help