lilrican21

Exception GIFException in module aviWUSB54GC.dll at 000252AF? Error When i Start Up windows

hi i get this message Exception GIFException in module aviWUSB54GC.dll at 000252AF. what does this mean and it really starting to get annoying. can anyone help me? i lost my cd when i was moving so i dont know what to do?:smileysad:. thanks.
gandalf

Re: Exception GIFException in module aviWUSB54GC.dll at 000252AF? Error When i Start Up windows

Solution 1

1. Boot your system in Safe Mode by pressing on F8 repeatedly after the Startup beep, but before the Windows screen comes up.
  2. While in Safe Mode, uninstall the adapter drivers in Device Manager.
  3. Uninstall the application or utility from Add Remove programs.
  4. Reboot as you normally would.
  5. Reinstall only the drivers.
  6. To re-install the Drivers insert the Linksys Setup CD into your CD-ROM drive, When the Welcome screen appears click Exit, connect your USB adapter now...When the  Hardware Update Wizard window appears, click Install the software automatically (Recommended) then click Next.

NOTE: The Hardware Installation screen may appear indicating that the Adapter has not passed Windows Logo testing. Ignore the window and click Continue Anyway to proceed with the installation since the Adapter has been tested and found to work with Windows XP.When Windows has finished installing the driver, click Finish.

Click on Start and goto Control Panel and double click on Network Connections...Right click on Wireless Network Connection and select View Available Wireless Networks"- If you see your wireless network in the list, highlight it by 'single' clicking on it- Now click on the 'Connect' button below- If your wireless network is secured, it would ask you to provide the network key- Provide the wireless network key and confirm it again in the confirmation box and click Connect".It should work...

Solution 2

1. Download the driver appropriate for your device from here
  2. After downloading the drivers you need to unzip the file...After you unzip the file you should un-install the adapter drivers/software from Programs menu...Leave the adapter connected to the PC and reboot your computer...Once the computer is rebooted you should see a message "Found new Hardware"...Select the option Install it from a specific location and click Next, then select Include this location in Search and browse to the place where you have unzipped all the files and select the Driver folder and click O.k...Then click Next and it should install the adapter drivers...
  3. NOTE : This installation doesn't install the software(Linksys Monitor)...
  4. Once the Adapter is installed, Click on the Start button >>> Control Panel >>> Network Connections- Right click on the "Wireless Network Connection" icon and select "View Available Wireless Networks"- If you see your wireless network in the list, highlight it by 'single' clicking on it- Now click on the 'Connect' button below- If your wireless network is secured, it would ask you to provide the network key- Provide the wireless network key and confirm it again in the confirmation box and click "Connect"...It should connect to your Network and Internet...
karlosmet

Re: Exception GIFException in module aviWUSB54GC.dll at 000252AF? Error When I Start Up windows

Greeting..

i have windows XP and Compact Wireless-G Adapter USB Model WUSB54GC, Linksys V1.0

I have     exception GIFException in module aviwusb54gc.dll at 000252AF.... message, it get i good router signal but does not get internet sevice,  i tried what you guys said but  no any change i still dont have intenet access please help.

hankbuck

Re: Exception GIFException in module aviWUSB54GC.dll at 000252AF? Error When I Start Up windows

Well I tried all of the directions from an entry back in 2009 but 3 years later in 2012 I did not luck out. I ended up having to do a system restore because those measures I am replying to caused me to lose my connection and I had to do a system restore twice. But, its an old PC and old adapter. The thing that defeated me was that I could not get the wireless network monitor icon to open and start up which would have gotten me my connection back. Therefore, I ended up calling Cisco (linksys) on Monday.(always happens on a Sunday, right?) The end of the story was that I had to invest 30 beans in a new improved adapter able to deal with higher process speeds(?)  that made no sense as my ISP is low broadband and the PC is old and hadn't been giving me a problem. So, lets say it was old age and hardening of the circuitry that necessitated a new adapter. I will see if it works and maybe post a final chapter.

ScarletJamie