mylim

Firmware downgrade

Hi,

I am using a WRT54G wireless router with my cable modem. Ever since I upgraded the firmware, I have to restore my router to factory defaults many times to regain internet connection.
So anyone have any idea how I can do a firmware downgrade to hopefully remove this problem?
phoenixms

Re: Firmware downgrade

I have the same problem and would like to know where i can find older versions of the firmware for my WRT54G v3. A friend of mine and myself are having the same issue after installing the latest firmware on our routers. Version 4.21.1 in my case.
mylim

This is the same case for me. I am using WRT54G ver 2.2 and i upgraded to version 4.21.1

Does anyone has any earlier firmware for me to download?
dibbler

hi..you can find the older firmware versions on ftp.linksys.com/pub/network ...
almuslet

[ Edited ]
I recently upgraded my  WRT54G v2.2 (hardware version) to firmware v4.21.1 and have been in a living hell trying to access the internet. It appears that the status is connected with no connectivity!
after downgrading to v3.0.3.1 everything seems fine, the filefor those interested is WRT54GV2_3.01.3_US_code.zip

It is really weird that Linksys could not find the solution for the enormous amount of posts lately regarding this connection problem while the real cause was in the defective 4.21.1 firmware !

by the way i notcied that when u doenload firmware 4.21.1, the file name starts with WRT54GV4.0, does that mean that it was made for the hardware version 4 and was mistakingly put into the section of 2.2?

Message Edited by almuslet on 06-08-200702:57 PM

phoenixms

No 4.21.1 is supposed to work with older revisions like mine which is v3 per tech support. I'm thinking it is there to show the last revision that it will work with. A friend of mine who has v4 started having the same issues after installing 4.21.1.

Linksys fix your firmware!
Expert
Expert

I have a WRT54Gv2 which works fine with the 4.21.1 and even the 4.30.7 which was available for some time and now is dedicated for the GL model.
phoenixms

Yes mine worked fine for a month then stopped after a month. Why are others complaining of the same issue? Do you have cable internet access?
almuslet

Well, I had v 4.21.1 since it was released, i dunno when but was lomg time ago, everything worked fine until recently it stopped all of a sudden, i downgraded and everything seems fine, i tried uograding again and the problem returned, so i stick with the older firmware for now until they find a fix
EdmundLeong

Hi,

I would like to know what is the step or guideline to downgrade the Linksys WRT54G from version 7 to version 3. I have been search for the whole forum and not able to find a way to downgrade the firmware and really hope that you can help me up.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Edmund