izards

Firmware up date

Could I please get some help?  I was tryingto upgrade the firmware but the file is a bin fime and I have no idea how to access it or use it to upgrade my firmware. 

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to provide.

Bigmatt

Re: Firmware up date

Go into your web utility "192.168.1.1" username and password are both "admin"(if it gives you trouble leave username blank and for the password use "admin").

Look for the administrative tab and you should see Update firmware, For ease of installation put the firmware file on your desktop.

Then go click the browse button be careful and find the file click open then hit update and Don't touch it let it update,

And now your firmware is up to date.

GoodLuck

Matt :smileyhappy:
izards

Thanks  a bunch!!!

oook

Yes, you do not have to open the bin file...Connect your PC with the .bin file to the router via Ethernet cable. Do not try to flash the firmware through a wireless link, which could be unstable and lead to a brick.

Follow these steps to upgrade the firmware on the device : -
Open an Internet Explorer browser page on a computer hard wired to the router...
In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1...Leave the Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...
Click on the 'Administration' tab- Then click on the 'Firmware Upgrade' sub tab- Here click on 'Browse' and browse the .bin firmware file and click on "Upgrade"...
Wait for few seconds until it shows that "Upgrade is successful"  After the firmware upgrade, click on "Reboot" and you will be returned back to the same page OR it will say "Page cannot be displayed".

Now reset your router :
Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...

izards

Not sure whats wrong but the firmware fails to load.  I have re-downloaded the firmware 3 times and it still fails to upgrade... any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong???
vordigants

Try doing these steps:

-- Set PC to Static IP Address: Control Panel > Network Connections

-- "Right-Click" on Local Area Connection > Properties

-- Double click on Internet Protocol TCP/IP.

Set the IP to "Use the FF IP Address".

-- IP Address: 192.168.1.7

-- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

-- Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Click on "Ok".

Force the NIC to 10 MBPS Half Duplex.

-- Set PC to Static IP Address: Control Panel > Network Connections

-- "Right-Click" on Local Area Connection > Properties

Look for a "Configure" Button and click it.

Go to the "Advanced" Tab.

Select "Link Speed/Duplex Mode" set the value to 10 MBPS- Half Duplex.

Try doing the Firmware Upgrade again.

Make sure to reset the Router if the upgrade is successful.