Accepted Solution

Following instructions for setting up WPA on a WRT54G but not getting the right screen

I suddenly realized that the password protection I thought I had on my network was only my administrative password, so I have been trying to follow the instructions on how to set up the WPA. According to Article ID 19073, when in Security Mode I must choose "WPA Personal" from the drop-down menu next to "Security Mode," and after having done so there should be a box called "pass phrase" where I put my password. However, when I choose "WPA Personal" I get a screen which says 

WPA Algorithms:                   TKP

WPA Shared Key:                 a box in which to input that info, (whatever it is!)

Group Key Renewal             a box which says in it 3600 and next to the box, "seconds"

But nowhere is there a box that says "pass phrase." If while in Security Mode I were to choose WEP, then I see a screen which provides the box to input my pass phrase. Bu such a box is not made available to me when I choose WPA Personal. 

How should I proceed?

Re: Following instructions for setting up WPA on a WRT54G but not getting the right screen

Input your passphrase into WPA shared key.

Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada

Re: Following instructions for setting up WPA on a WRT54G but not getting the right screen

Thank you so much! I am completely out of my comfort zone when I go into the Linksys software and was afraid to even try to input into what I thought was the wrong place for fear it would screw up something else. It worked just as you said.