Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
memory

Forgot router password?

I just dug my router (wrt54g) out of the closet and hooked it up but I cant remember my name or password for the router. Is there anything I can do that doesn't involve paying linksys any sort of "fee"

kazz244

Re: Forgot router password?

There is a reset button on rhe router.  Hold it in with a paper clip for a few seconds while starting the router.  It will erase all settings to the default settings the router had when new.  I can't remember if the wrt54g had a blank username and "admin" (without quotes) as the password,  or the other way aroundm but ine of them is the default.
Klatch

The default password for the router is admin unless you have changed it. If you cant recall the password then just press and hold the reset on back of the router for few seconds and try again.
mitzenmacher

i am trying to set up my router to my ipad but it is asking me for a password i can't remember what that password is?

Expert
iamgiantherockstar

Hi mitzenmacher and welcome to the forums!

You can check your router's password by logging in the router's set up page using one of your working computers.

Please click the link below for the steps:

Checking the Wireless Settings on a Linksys Router

paula1

how can I reset my pw? I cant find the key either - isn't there a way to do it from the unit itself?

Administrator
24JUAN80

You can find a reset button somewhere usually at the bottom of the router depending on your router model.

After that, your router will revert to its default configurations and you'd need to set it up once again.

Type 192.168.1.1 on your browsers address field. Default, is to leave username blank and type admin in the password field.

Refer to my signature for instructions how to set it up depending on your ISP type.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
maddie5

im trying to set up my nook reader and i need my rooter(wifi0 pass word

Expert
sabretooth

So read above.

teamservices