Expert

General Linksys Router FAQs

[ Edited ]

Hi guys, please take time to read this Linksys Router FAQs before starting a new topic. This will help us minimize duplicated threads and save time in posting / waiting for solutions.

• Is there a way to automatically install and configure my Linksys products? Read
  • How do I connect and configure my Linksys Router to use PPPoE DSL service? Read
  • How do I setup a static IP address that will work with my router? Read
  • I changed the routers password, and I forgot what I changed it to.  Is there anything I can do? Read
  • I’m getting an error saying, "LCP Negotiation Failed", what can I do? Read
  • How do I upgrade the firmware on my router? Read
  • How do I setup my Cable modem with my Linksys Router? Read
  • How do I connect a Linksys Wireless router to a regular Ethernet Linksys router? Read
  • What is Port Forwarding and how do I use it? Read
  • Will software firewalls work with a Linksys Router? Read
  • How do I set up PCAnywhere behind a Linksys Router? Read
  • I have a server behind my router, and no one can access it, what could be the problem? Read
  • How do I setup my Xbox and Linksys Router to communicate to each other? Read
  • How do I configure remote management with a router? Read
  • My router's red Diag light (or Power light) is blinking.  How do I fix this? Read
  • How do I setup my PlayStation®2 to communicate with my Linksys Router? Read
  • How do I set up an Web server behind the Router so machines from outside my network can use it? Read

§         How do I transfer files via ICQ behind a Linksys Router? Read

• Which ports should I use to hook a hub/switch to the router? Read

§         How do I set up AOL Broadband with a Linksys Router? Read

• What Operating Systems work with a Linksys router? Read
  • My Router's power light is blinking. How do I fix this? Read
  • There is no link light on the Router's WAN port, what can I do? Read
  • How can I connect two computers to a Medal of Honor server behind a Linksys router? Read
Expert

Re: General Linksys Router FAQs

[ Edited ]
  • I have a Network ready printer and a Linksys router, will the two work together? Read
  • My Router's Red Diag light is blinking. How do I fix this? Read
  • How do I set up a Diablo II Internet Server using a Linksys Router? Read
  • How do I set up CUSeeMe with a Linksys Router? Read
  • How do I set up an FTP server behind the Router so machines from outside my network can use it? Read

§         How do I upgrade the firmware on the WRT54G Version 5? Read

§         What is SecureEasySetup™? Read

§         How do I set up a wireless connection with wireless security using SecureEasySetup™ (SES)? Read

• My Range Expander is not connecting with my Wireless-G router (WRT54G or WRT54GS) or my Wireless-G Access Point (WAP54G).  What could be the problem? Read
  • How do I configure the WRV54G and the Linksys QuickVPN client software to create a secure VPN connection? Read
  • I’m able to get association (signal Strength), but I can’t access the internet. Read
  • How do I configure QoS (Quality of Service) on the WRT54G? Read
  • When connecting, disconnecting, and using Linksys QuickVPN, what do the different messages and prompts mean? Read

§         I want to secure my Linksys Wireless Network, how would I do that with the WRT54G, BEFW11S4 or WAP11 v2.2? Read

• When should I use the Auto Configuration feature of the Range Expander? Read
  • How do I setup MAC Address Cloning using RV016? Read
  • How do I configure my Linksys Wireless Adapter with WEP in Windows XP? Read
  • Where do I go to download drivers for my Linksys Product? Read
  • How do I setup Wireless Security on a WRT54GS? Read
  • I keep getting a 401 Authorization Required on the screen while trying to access a Web Based Utility.  What can I do to get into the Setup page? Read
  • I am experiencing intermittent connections on my wireless client machines, what can I do to help this? Read
  • I am unable to send an email Outlook and Outlook Express, with and without adjusting my MTU value. Read
  • I am connected to the internet but I cannot play online the Gamespy software installed on my PC. What can I do? Read
  • How many wireless users can I have per Linksys Access Point? Read