Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Generate New Router Pin (WPS)

Is there any known way of generating a new router pin on a WRT1900AC model? I'd like to use WPS but someone knows my pin and they keep exploting it.

Expert

Re: Generate New Router Pin (WPS)

Login to the router:

Wireless => Wi-fi Protected Setup => Device Pin => Register

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

All that does is allow me to enter a devices pin. The router one still remains unchanged.
Expert

@Agustin wrote:
All that does is allow me to enter a devices pin. The router one still remains unchanged.

Sorry you are right. I never use WPS. AFAIK the router WPS PIN is hardcoded and can't be changed.

Linksys

[ Edited ]

I don't think that you can change the WPS PIN with the Linksys stock firmware.  It's burned into the ROM along with the router's serial number and other information.  (Viewable via http://192.168.1.1/sysinfo.cgi )

However, I'm pretty sure that 3rd-party firmware like LEDE / OpenWrt will allow you to specify a new PIN.

Expert

@101010 wrote:

I don't think that you can change the WPS PIN with the Linksys stock firmware.  It's burned into the ROM along with the router's serial number and other information.  (Viewable via http://192.168.1.1/sysinfo.cgi )

However, I'm pretty sure that 3rd-party firmware like LEDE / OpenWrt will allow you to specify a new PIN.

Yes the open source firmwares do allow you to specify the WPS PIN.

Linksys

thank you

[ Edited ]
  1. Opens the terminal to the computer after the connection of the wireless adapter and the connection that we attach the name of the interface to check. Terminal command: “airmon-ng”
  2. Opens the terminal to the computer after the connection of the wireless adapter and the connection that we attach the name of the interface to check. Terminal command: “airmon-ng”
  3. Wireless adapter is recognized by our system. The information we need is the name of the wireless adapter interface: “wlan0”. In order to scan the nearby wireless modems, u interface with the name monitor mode, we need to get active. To activate the monitor mode command in the terminal: “airmon-ng start wlan0”
  4. After the monitor mode has been activated, for this scenario we have created gives us the system monitor interface the monitor interface name: “mon0” has been appointed. I open WPS mon0 interface which is active in the area and with the modem for the terminal command: “wash –i mon0 -C”
  5. When analyzing the results of the search, “WPS Locked” data “No” modems modems are convenient for us. RSSI is negative, which implies that the distance of the modem from us. After you have determined the goal, ESSID and channel information for later use we copy.
  6. After you have determined the target sequence to the modem came in to attack. Many the process of attacking you can do it with script, but we “reaver” we are using. I run this script from a terminal window on Kali Linux which is built different, we're opening up. That we need to write to the terminal the terminal command to start the attack: “reaver –i mon0 –b [ESSID] –c [channel] –vv –p [PIN]”. Here we write the address of the modem ESSID instead of the former. We write the channel instead of the broadcast channel modem. The value of a PIN “WPS Pin Generator”. The default pin that we don't know the value of -20 for 8 hours while we have to wait a modem, thanks to this tool, we have access to the password of the modem in a single attempt. The command that is written to the terminal: “reaver –i mon0 –b 00:26:5A:F2:57:26–C 6 –vv –p 58820223“. The value of the destination appears in the terminal modem WPA PSK is the password. 

I hope this will help you.