Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
elizabeth84

Guest access network doesn't prompt for password

I have set up my guest access account according the the instructions, and I understand that when you go to launch a web browser it is supposed to prompt you for the guest password. Well, it does not do this! Instead, it tells you that you cannot connect to the internet. I have tried it on mutiple types of cell phones and computers, and none of them work. Does anyone have any idea why this isn't working the way it should?

elizabeth84

Re: Guest access network doesn't prompt for password

P.S. I am using a cisco 2500 router.

opheliaimmortal23

elizabeth84 wrote:

P.S. I am using a cisco 2500 router.

Hi. elizabeth84. I believe you are referring to the E2500 router that by default guest access is disabled. You enabled it through Cisco Connect or through the page of the router?

opheliaimmortal23

elizabeth84 wrote:

I have set up my guest access account according the the instructions, and I understand that when you go to launch a web browser it is supposed to prompt you for the guest password. Well, it does not do this! Instead, it tells you that you cannot connect to the internet. I have tried it on mutiple types of cell phones and computers, and none of them work. Does anyone have any idea why this isn't working the way it should?

You are actually correct that it should prompt you for a password when you open your browser when connected to the guest access. You can try to reset and start over again with this guest access network on your router.

scrooge

According to the scenario that you mentioned if you are trying to upgrade the firmware of the router then here is the link which can help in upgrading the firmware: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=8a7bc95a98e249d4859b2acbd557aebf_469.xml&pid=80&re...

After upgrading the firmware on the router, it is recommended that you should reset the router and reconfigure it. Press and hold the reset button on the router for 30 seconds. Release the reset button and wait for 30 seconds. Power cycle the router and reconfigure it. Then check the status..

Expert
sabretooth

scrooge you cut and pasted the wrong item.  No mention of firmware.