Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ole1

Hook up 2 wireless routers on same network

I have a  VRT310N and a VRT110 that I want to use to expand the wireless network in my house.  How do I hook up the VRT110 if the VRT310N is my main router?
Expert
sabretooth

Re: Hook up 2 wireless routers on same network

Yes this can be done if you connect the two routers via a ethernet cable.

Go here to see how to do it.

ole1

I have tried both of those senarios, but the problem is when I connect the second laptop wirelessly to the second router, it knoks the first laptop off, and no connection can be done with the router until I unplug it and plug it back in.

Expert
sabretooth

You can not connect these two routers together wirelessly.  You must use a cable.

Gollum

First make sure you both the Routers are connected to each other via an Ethernet cable. And follow the link as mentioned by sabertooth.

If your both the Router are already connected to each other, connect your computer to the 2nd Router using an Ethernet cable and check if you are able to go online... 

ole1

Well I went with a gut feeling that there was something wrong with the router I was trying to hook up to extend my network.  So I picked up a new router today.  I changed the settings on it like I did before on the other one.  But this one worked.  All is good now.  It turned out to be a defective router.  If Linksys had a better waranty, I coudl save money.