cabralaudio

How can I find my WEP number?

I want to add my laptop to my wireless network that I've set up using my wireless router WRT54GS.  When I try to connect it asks me for a WEP address which I lost.  Can I create a new one or is there a way to find the original?
Expert
Expert

Re: How can I find my WEP number?

Read the manual. Go to http://192.168.1.1/ enter your router configuration password, click on Wireless, Wireless Security and it's right there. If you don't remember the router configuration password (default was 'admin') you have to reset the router to factory defaults pressing the reset button for 30 seconds and reconfigure the whole router.

You should not use WEP. WEP can be cracked within minutes. You should rather use WPA or WPA2 with a strong preshared key if possible.
peanuts

Re: How can I find my WEP number?

You don't have to create a new one if already you are using the key on router ....

Access routers setu page ..... under "Wireless" screen ....it will show "wireless security" .....the screen will provide all information about wireless secuirty .... take a note of the key .... & close the explorer ...