JJbro1

How come my brother and i can't connect in the same game online using my WET54GS5?

[ Edited ]
When i first got my WET54GS5 my brother and i could connect in the same online session using two ps2's that are both connected to the WET54GS5 which is linked up to my WRT54G V 5 router flawlessly. Now all of a sudden whenever we try to connect to the same game online the one that is already in that session gets disconnected. There have even been times where one got connected and was using the other persons settings (example: Jared and Justin log on to the same game at the same time, Jared can't connect, but Justin can however Justin is now playing as Jared's character.)We can connect to other games under the same setup just whenever we want to play in the same game we can't. It seldom works though but only like twice out of ten times. I'm wondering what the issue is here and if anyone has any suggestions on how to get us connected to the same game with no worries. And if your curious both playstation 2's are running star wars battlefront 2. Message Edited by JJbro1 on 06-17-2008 09:47 PM

Message Edited by JJbro1 on 06-17-2008 09:48 PM
Ricewind

Re: How come my brother and i can't connect in the same game online using my WET54GS5?

Try upgrading the firmware of the Wireless Bridge .... after upgrade ... reset & reconfigure the WET54G ......
Xafro

Re: How come my brother and I can't connect in the same game online using my WET54GS5?

Try to figure out or make sure QoS is enabled on both devices (referring to bridge and router) and set to AUTO mode or fair mode. Also ensure there is no manual settings on the PS2s for ip (this applies to most modern game systems as well)

Udated gaming systems are designed to attempt taking full advantage of bandwidth available, by enabling QoS, or similar named technology depending on the brand of the network device you will prevent your gaming system from hogging all the network bandwidth and stomping out the other game system. They will be forced to equally share the bandwidth and eliminate this kind of situation. I sometimes need 7 game systems online at once and I ran in to this problem a lot,, QoS enabled and never had it again.