kmac2580

How do I UNSECURE my wireless network?

Hello, I have been recently having problems with my secured Linksys wireless network and I want to unsecure it. However, I have tried many things and I have browsed all the technical support bases and the only thing available is to enable security. I want to disable security.

How can I do this?
Laurielin

Re: How do I UNSECURE my wireless network?

if you want to disable wireless security,do this steps:

1: Open IE-type on the address bar,192.168.1.1(router's ip address) and the default password is admin
2:smileysurprised:n the setup page of the router,click wireless>wireless security,for security mode,click the drop down arrow,and set it to disabled and click save settings and you network is unsecured.

Hope it helps!!

kmac2580

Laurielin wrote:
if you want to disable wireless security,do this steps:
1: Open IE-type on the address bar,192.168.1.1(router's ip address) and the default password is admin
2:smileysurprised:n the setup page of the router,click wireless>wireless security,for security mode,click the drop down arrow,and set it to disabled and click save settings and you network is unsecured.
Hope it helps!!

You rock, thank you!
Brian_Chaikin

Thanks to all who replied, I have been stumped on how to unsecure it because I believe the secured connection caused me to lose download speed.

You haven't lost download speed yet. However, when your whole neighborhood starts using YOUR unsecured network you will. They will be using all of YOUR unsecured bandwidth to surf the web, download (high bandwidth) music, and perform illegal activities. That's when you'll notice the difference.
Eulalia Castro

I will like to know How to add a pasword on my wireless?