How do I access router setup page if the router DHCP service is disabled?

When I had DSL, my WRT54G was my DHCP master for my home network.  When I got AT&T U-Verse, their "gateway" became the DHCP master and also the wireless access point.  But the signal was not strong enough where I wanted to use it, so I hooked up the WRT54G again.  I discovered that if I connected the U-Verse gateway to the "Internet" port on the WRT54G Linksys, then my home network was split in two, which I did not want.  The WRT54G access point is physically somewhat distant from my wired computer, so I wanted to keep the U-Verse gateway as the DHCP master. (The U-Verse gateway is a router with four "computer" ports but no "Internet" port.)

I followed instructions on the Linksys web site, and using my wi-fi connected computer I re-programmed the WRT54G to be "Disabled" as a DHCP server.  Then I powered down and physically connected the U-Verse gateway to a "Computer" port on the WRT54G.  This solved my problem:  my distant wi-fi computer now has a good signal, and both computers "see" each other.

However, now I seem to have lost access to the WRT54G setup "web page."  Is it possible to access the innards of the WRT54G when its DHCP service is disabled?  Or would I have to reset the device to factory configuration and start all over if I wanted to make any tweaks?

Re: How do I access router setup page if the router DHCP service is disabled?

the only way for you to that is to reset the router...when you disabled the DHCP server the linksys router is now working as a switch. And the IP address it's getting is from the Gateway...so there is no way for you to access the user interface unless you reset the router

"rebellious by nature...often misunderstood..."

when you do ipconfig in your DOS prompt, what is your IP address?

You can still access the router's web configuration pages even if the internal DHCP server is disabled and it is connected via a LAN Ethernet port to your upstream router. 

Did you reserve and IP addresses on the Uverse router for static IPs?

If you did, assign one of these to the Linksys router (LAN) and you will be able to access it from your LAN. Since you are not using the WAN port, the Linksys router will not pull an IP from the Uverse router. You are using the device as a switch.