edlmann

How do I disable the Guest network using the web based advanced networking for an E2000?

I want to disable the guest network that was installed with my E2000. I made changes to the installation using the advanced networking software and now cannot use Connect. When I access the router via the 192.168.1.1 address, I only see the information relating to the primary not the Guest SSID.

Administrator
24JUAN80

Re: How do I disable the Guest network using the web based advanced networking for an E2000?

Welcome to the Cisco Home Community.

The only way to manage the Guest network is through the Cisco Connect Software.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edlmann

Re: How do I disable the Guest network using the web based advanced networking for an E2000?

Since I used the web based setup, Cisco Connect cannot access my router. Do i have to uinstall and re-install Connect?

Master14

I suggest you reset the router, uninstall previous Cisco Connect and re-install it... then disable the Guest Access via the Cisco Connect.

:smileywink:
shadowsports

[ Edited ]

You can manually edit the .xml file found in the Cisco Connect folder when the program installed originally.  Or, you can log in via the web gui and change your router's password temporarily to the one used initially by the Cisco Connect software.  Either method will restore acess to the Cisco Connect Software.

I recommend editing the xml file.  The file is named "settings.xml".  It's fast and permanent.

2 x WNDR4500 Rev 1 f/w 1.0.1.20
e4200 Rev 1 f/w 1.0.05
e3000 Rev 1 f/w 1.0.04
QNAP TS-219P-II 4TB
dns323 ext3 4TB
Roku N 1080p
Altigen ip-710 VOIP phone
Other Routers - Asus (just ok), DLink (junk), Netgear (Current Favorite) & ProSafe, wrt54g & G2
wvc54gca - Dumped this as it only support TKIP encryption & 54mbps
edlmann

I assume when you say reset the router, you mean reset back to factory default? Would I do that via the web based advanced setup? Many thanks

Administrator
24JUAN80

[ Edited ]

You can refer to this article on how to reset your router to factory default.

The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router