Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jacksonj51

How do I find my NAS ip address on my router? (WRT610N)

I'm trying to set up port forwarding for my NAS to be able to access over the web but I can't seem to figure out it's ip address....

My network magic app just shows it as offline all the time even though it works fine from being mapped within the local network, so therefore I don't know of anyway else to get its address in order to punch it into the ftp port forwarding????

Gollum

Re: How do I find my NAS ip address on my router? (WRT610N)

As NAS works on DHCP. You can find the NAS ip address by logging in to the Router setup page, Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...

Click on the Status Tab and Below the status tab you will find the Sub tab "Router" Click on it and below you need to Click on "DHCP Client Table" and in that list you will find the IP address of your NAS. 

jacksonj51

Thanks for the reply...

That's where my issue is...  I bring up my client list and there's only 3 ip addresses listed, my desktop, my laptop, and my wireless mobile phone however there's no evidence of any attached storage even though it's hooked up.

In my Network Magic app under the map status it indicates my desktop, laptop, mobile phone, slingplayer, printer, and PS3 all showing their ip addresses but the NAS is dormant and after clicking on it, it shows it as offline so I can't find anyway to know it's ip address....???

Anyhow thanks for the help

Gollum

Under DHCP Client table it will display you the list of the Devicses which are getting the IP address from your Router. If you have Provided Static IP to the Computer or to your NAS i will not be displayed under the DHCP Client list. So i think you need to Run the Setup disk again on your Computer and while Running the setup on your computer it will display you the IP address of your NAS.