Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
DarrellVTX

How do I password protect my router

My router has been in use for some time. WRT54G. I did the set up from the disc and instructions and it's been no problems. I would now like to add a password to log on to it from a wireless computer such as my laptop or the other household computer. I can't figure out how to do this. I'm not a total comupter illiterate, but not a super geek either. Thanks in advance,
Darrell
Expert
Expert

Re: How do I password protect my router

Well, did you read the manual? It is in there how to configure the router and where to setup wireless security. To secure the router, you have to do all this.

For your Linksys you have to configure the router on the Wireless, Wireless Security and Administration tab at http://192.168.1.1/
DarrellVTX

Thank you very much! I'll try to read that again tomorrow and see if I can get it all to work. Really appreciate your taking time to answer and help me out. Thanks again, have a great week!
Darrell
SRAYNAH

i HAVE A BEFW11S4 VER. 4  HOW DO I PROTECT IT WITH A PASSWORD?

SRAYNAH

MY NAME IS........i HAVE A BEFW11S4 VER. 4  HOW DO I PROTECT IT WITH A PASSWORD?

Gabby

kawal

to protect your wireless network, just log on to your wireless router admin @ http://192.168.1.1 then go to wireless tab. under that, there's a sub-tab called "wireless security". just choose WPA, thenset your password. on your computer, reconnect to your wireless network then supply the password if asked.

Tidwell

jali7705

Our router is in use but I now need to password protect it. How do I do that? The number on it is WRT54G

Expert
Expert

Follow the instructions given above.