07-04-2008 03:43 PM
Setting up your wireless connection in your router.
1.Open Internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
2.You will now get a sign-in box, User Name = (Leave Blank)
3.Once the set-up page opens, click on the Wireless Tab as youwill need to change the settings. A) Wireless Network Mode = Mixed
B) Wireless Network Name (SSID) = Choose any name and do not use Linksys.
C) Wireless Channel = 1, 6 or 11 is best, so see which work best for you.
D) Wireless SSID Broadcast = Enabled.
4. Now go to the bottom of the page and click on save settings.
5. Click on the Wireless Security Sub tab.
A) Security Mode: WPA
B) WPA Algorithms: TKIP + AES
C) WPA Shared Key: Type 24 letters, and numbers using lower and upper case letters
D) Group Key Renewal: 3600
6. Once again go to the bottom of the page and click on Save Settings.
7. Now you can close out of this page.
8. You will now need to enter the security info into your computer. I will now give you 2 links, depending which operating system you have, Vista or XP you will follow the one you have.
Now try to make a wireless connection.
01-23-2010 04:04 PM