Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I unlock my Wireless router?

My Xbox 360 and my computer run off my wireless router (In the basement). Anyways I'm trying to unlock my wireless router so I can now use Xbox 360's wireless connecter, but I can't unlock my security lock on my wireless router, can anyone help?
toomanydonuts

Re: How do I unlock my Wireless router?

What router are you using?

Are you saying that you forgot the router password, and you now want to change the router settings?  If so, first, point your browser to 192.168.1.1, and try the default passwords:

On most Linksys router, leave the user name blank, and in the password field type "admin"  (with no quotes).

On some Linksys routers, both the user name and password is "admin"  (with no quotes).

If this does not work, try any password that you think might work.

If all else fails, you will need to reset the router to factory default values.  Then the default user name and password should work.
shally

Can u still remember who setup ur router? try to think of any possible password for the router if the default password which is "admin" will not work... just remember that after reset router will go back again to its factory default and needs to be reconfigure again..
-cn0BaAko-

Hi

Doing a factory reset reverts your configuration back to factory default, so in most cases you would not want that. Just do this as your last option.
Just helping out... :smileyvery-happy:

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy looking for it"

I think what you meant by "unlocking" is disabling your wireless security so that the external wireless adapter of xbox would connect to your network right? You don't really need to disable the security, just configure the xbox's wireless connection with the correct security settings and it will connect. Make sure you know your security mode and your network key.
TylerDean66

how do i unlock my router so more than one computer can hook up to it

toomanydonuts

[ Edited ]

Your router does not need to be "unlocked" for additional computers to hook up to it.   However, if your wireless is encrypted, you will need to know your router's SSID and encryption key to connect an additional wireless user.  To connect an additional wired user, all you need is an ethernet cable.

What router do you have?  Most Linksys routers, at their default settings, allow up to 50 users at the same time.

Message Edited by toomanydonuts on 03-30-2010 02:06 AM
brenwit9

need to do wi-fi forgot passcode

Expert
iamgiantherockstar

Hi brenwit9 and welcome to the forums!

You can check the router's settings by logging in the router's page. Please click on the link below for the instructions. Your passcode is under the Wireless Security subtab of the Wireless tab.

Checking the Wireless Settings on a Linksys Router

mandy530

forgot my password to go on my wireless