Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Adiggz

How do i change my wireless routers password? Model WRT54G ver 6

i haven't used it in a while and im trying to reconnect it but i cant remember my password to finish the required steps. Is there anyway that i can change my password?
moosenoz

Re: How do i change my wireless routers password? Model WRT54G ver 6

if you never changed it during initial setup the default password is " admin " however, if you replaced the default pass with something else, and you can't remember what it is, you'll have to do a hard reset.
Adiggz

Ok  and how do i go about doing a hard reset? im really not to computer savy. Thanks.
moosenoz

back of the router has a small reset button that you can only push with the tip of a pen or some other sharp object. with the router plugged in, push that button for 30 secs, release the button, unplug the router for another 30 seconds or so, than plug it back in. you should be set to go.
helm

First of all, try resetting the router for 30 secs in such a way that power light is blinking on the router & then unplug the power cables from the modem& from the router...then unplug the power cable from the modem, once all the lights are solid plug the power cable to the router...once all the lights are solid then you could Connect modem to router's internet port, and computer to a lan port Open router's setup by typing 192.168.1.1 in browser's address bar,login with admin as password and no user name. Change the local ip address there from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1 Shut down modem & router Start modem, wait for some time, power up router Try opening internet and you should be online In order to change wep key from 26 to 10 digits, you have to reduce encryption level of WEP. To do this: Login to router from a computer wired to router, by typing http://192.168.1.1 in address bar of browser, and login using password:admin, user name: dont type any Goto wireless tab. Goto wireless security sub tab. Here change wep encryption level from 128 bit 26 hex digits to 64 bit 10 hex digits Save the settings after that. Note down the ten digit key 1 from listed 4 keys This 10 digits code is your encryption key
Jwebbie2003

Re: How do i change my wireless routers password?

Model Linksys E1000

opheliaimmortal23

Re: How do i change my wireless routers password?

Jwebbie2003 wrote:

Model Linksys E1000

Hi there. Have you tried the software that came with the router before i.e. the Cisco Connect? If you have installed it like on your main pc then open it up and click router settings. There you will see router name and password and you have the option there to change it. if you did not install the software, you can open a browser and type on the address bar http://192.168.1.1. Use admin in password and skip the username. Once you get the router setup page, you click wireless on the black bar. It will then give you the basic wireless settings page with the network name or ssid of your wireless router. Up on top on the blue bar for the subtabs, you click Wireless Security and that is where you can change the wireless password for your network (example: security mode is WPA Personal, wpa shared key or preshared key is your wireless password).

Sandy48

Re: How do i change my wireless routers password? Model WRT54GS2 V1

need new password .

Expert
sabretooth

Read above.

jaymay

Hi! You can check the password by either thru Cisco Connect (if you have cisco connect installed for your router) or thru the setup page of the router. These links should help you: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=1880f78e5c674e8a858fe21ec4fe9d5e_Checking_Valet_E_... (Checking Linksys wireless-N router name and password in Cisco Connect) and http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=3698 (Checking the Linksys router’s wireless settings through the web-based setup page).