Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
rameshm

How do you change password once it been setup

Hi,
I had installed my wireless network (Wireless B) last year and I think i did put a password.
Now I want to change it..but I dont see any option/console on my desktop computer to make this change nor I remember my password.

What are my options to change and secure my wireless network.

Thanks
Ramesh M.
yahng

Re: How do you change password once it been setup

The default password of the router is admin. If you have set up a password  before, it will not recognize the default admin.Hold the reset button of the router for 10secs and it will retrieve the default admin...To change the default password, lauch internet explorer(pc should be connected to the router hardwired), type on the address bar, 192.168.1.1--it willl prompt for a username and password, leave username blank and password will be admin...It willl bring you to the set up page of the router..click on the administration tab and from there you can create your new password for your router... To encrypt the wireless network refer to our website, www.linksys.com/kb and search for answer id 759...it will walk you through with the process...
gonky

What "reset button"? My router has no buttons of any sort on it.

I need to reset my password also. What I thought was my password is not working for some reason. I see no other recourse but to change the password altogether?

So..... reset button? I haven't got one on my router.

Reset is besides the power cable on tha back side.(inside the hole)
before reset do try to login to te setup pae with default password admin

regards,
appu.
myquestions

[ Edited ]
Hi, I have the same problem but even after I push the reset for 30 seconds, the password in the Management section never gets reset and I can not log in to add WAP or limit the MAC address access. It won't even let me reset to the factory settings and asks for the password again ... , please help!

(Edited post for guideline compliance. Thanks!)

Message Edited by JOHNDOE_06 on 12-29-2007 01:04 PM
luimar

you can log into router through 192.168.1.1 and password is whatever you have as password, then go to administration and look at the password option and change it from there...
l. ceron
myquestions

The problem is when you try to change the password, it asks for the previous password which I don't know what it is and the reset doesn't reset that password. The admin admin only lets you log in and to change any security settings it asks for another password.
Side

[ Edited ]
Hi. Please help!!! Some one hacked mi router, and changed the password. I cant even install the router it doesent detect it. And with out the net i can access to configure it. I tiried to reset the router 6x times but nothin. Please help some one

Message Edited by Side on 06-24-2008 08:46 AM
hnrhuff

I have a Cisco Linksys RangePlusNetworkUsb adapter. In the original setup a 10 numberpassword was installed. I want to change it to something a little easier to remember such as a letter number combination. Can I do this and if so how?

maria williams