ThomasBredahl

How many RE1000 on one Router.

How many RE1000 extenters can be attaced to one router ?

Expert
Expert

Re: How many RE1000 on one Router.

Many. But you don't want to do that because each RE1000 will interfere with each other and of course as repeater you only have 1/2 the total bandwidth available. Thus you will quickly end up with crawling wireless connections.

If you need a couple of additional access points use ethernet wiring or power line ethernet and connect access points wired to your network. That way you have full bandwidth everywhere and you can use different channels on each access points to minimize interference.
ThomasBredahl

Thanks for the answar but the advantage of this solution is that my chrildren dont need to log on to defferent ssid when they move arround the house.

Expert
Expert

That's incorrect.

Wired access points can use the same SSID and create a wireless roaming network... Good wireless clients should be able to roam seamlessly between access points wired to the same network.

And with the advantage of full bandwidth this solution is far superior to repeaters...
game95

If I already have a RE 1000 and what is a good router to purchase so that it can cover an area of 2000 square feet aparment

Jake_2.0

The EA series router are the most latest of the Cisco line of routers. But is is not always an assurence that it could cater to the area of your house, might as well consider searching for Outdoor Access Points or Client Bridges that soothes your needs.

Ken-Van

I have a 3,500-sq-ft house ... One Linkys WRT-160N Router ( in the den on the 3rd floor ) combined with the Linksys RE1000 Range Extender on the main floor and I now have strong five-bars signal on all three levels of my home. 

Richard Civitate

Does anyone know if the old linksys wireless G range expander, model WRE54G, 2.4 gHz can be set up with the EA4500 router?

I know this is off topic, sorry, I am a novice.

Thanks,

ylime1984

Yes, it's possible but the wireless range will just going to be 2.4GHz.

steelad1

have a 3,00-sq-ft house ... One Linkys 4500 EA Router ( in the den on the 2nd floor one wired and one wireless) combined with the Linksys RE1000 Range Extender on the main floor and I now have strong  signal on all two levels of my home.  And the same downstaires, one wired and one wirleless on the opposite end from the modem.  We have been trying to decide where to put the extender.  MY husband gets very made when he can't connect.  His wired connection recently broke (something must have eaten it -like squirrels, I hear them).  Yesterday I was talking to Cisco and found out that my range extender is configured wrong because at first when plugged in the light blinks and then it goes solid.

Ann Steelman