Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Richard Meister

How setup a WRT54G2 Wireless Router to connect to a SmartPhone to Retrieve E-Mail

I have a new WRT54G2 Wireless Router and I can Surf the Web on my Smartphone via the Router but I am unable to retieve my E-Mail like I used to do with my old Wireless Router.

Anyone know what setting I need to change on the WRT54G2 Wireless Router?

Administrator
Vince_02

Re: How setup a WRT54G2 Wireless Router to connect to a SmartPhone to Retrieve E-Mail

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the community forum!

Did you check the mail setup in your smartphone to see if anything changed? Check if the incoming and outgoing mail servers are correct.

A software update might have reset the settings.

If all looks good in the smartphone mail setup, do you recall if you had to open ports in the old router to make email work?

Richard Meister

Re: How setup a WRT54G2 Wireless Router to connect to a SmartPhone to Retrieve E-Mail

Vince_02,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have double checked the Smartphone's E-Mail Setup and it is correct. I have no problems receiving E-Mails when I leave my house and use the 3G connection, but the minute I connenct back into my Home Network I can not get E-Mails, it tells me there is no connection.

I know that my Smartphone is connecting to the WRT54G2 OK because I surf the web very well via the WRT54G2 Smartphone connection, so they are working together OK.

The Question I have is: Have I missed a setting on the WRT54G2 that would block the Smartphone from retreiving my E-Mail?

Administrator
Vince_02

I see. If you have a computer at home connected to the WRT54G2, check if you can receive emails there.

If you can't, you may have blocked the ports used by the email in the router setup page.

If you can, this means nothing on the router would block emails.

There are no other settings in the router I can think of that would block your smartphone from receiving emails aside from the ports.