Genesis Strike
Accepted Solution

How to Open up Ports to get Open Connection on Xbox 360 on WRT160N V2.

[ Edited ]

I have the port numbers but do not know how to proceed from there.  Step by step instructions and help would be most appreciated.  Router is a WRT160N V2.  Thanks

VALETLINKSYS

Re: How to Open up Ports to get Open Connection on Xbox 360 on WRT160N V2.

Genesis Strike wrote:

I have the port numbers but do not know how to proceed from there.  Step by step instructions and help would be most appreciated.  Router is a WRT160N V2.  Thanks

What kind of device that you want to open the ports ?

Do you have the port numbers ?

Are you trying to host a game ?

• Type 192.168.1.1
  • used admin as the password
  • go to applications and gaming
  • choose port range triggering

I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
Genesis Strike

I have an Xbox 360 and I am trying to open up my NAT types I guess to get an open connection.  There ports 53 and 88 I think.  Under the application and gaming tab, there are single port forwarding and rort range forwarding.  Which one do I click on?  Also, it asks for application name, external and internal ports, protocol, and a heading titled "To IP Address" with 192 . 168 . 1. and then theres a space for me to put in a number.  What do i put into all of these?  Also, do I hit enabled for all of them?

VALETLINKSYS

Just do port range triggering it will be easier for you to open the ports

Genesis Strike

Port Range triggering?  The linksys support on the phone said to do single port forwarding.  And what do I do for all the other things I mentioned in my previous comment?

VALETLINKSYS

if you you are trying to host a game then you can do port forwarding . Normally port triggering works with NAT Type Strict or moderate .

jaymay

Genesis Strike wrote:

I have an Xbox 360 and I am trying to open up my NAT types I guess to get an open connection.  There ports 53 and 88 I think.  Under the application and gaming tab, there are single port forwarding and rort range forwarding.  Which one do I click on?  Also, it asks for application name, external and internal ports, protocol, and a heading titled "To IP Address" with 192 . 168 . 1. and then theres a space for me to put in a number.  What do i put into all of these?  Also, do I hit enabled for all of them?

If the ports you have is a protocol tcp or udp, selct port range forwarding. If you were not provided with the protocols, select port range triggering.

The other info you provided above is required in port range forwarding page. External and internet ports are the port numbers 53 and 88. First, type in 53 on external port and 53 as well on internal port. Do the same thing for port 88. "To IP address with 192.168.1.  and then a space is where you should type in the IP address set on your xbox. So for example, if your xbox has 192.168.1.105 then put 105 on the space. And lastly, click enabled.

majorusa

[ Edited ]

Go to your router webpage. 

In the DHCP list identify your xbox IP

Go to Application & Gaming Tag

Go to single port forwarding

Input the settings from the picture below

Tick all the boxes on the right side where you made the inputs

Save settings

There you go!

ScreenHunter_ May. 24 22.43_01.jpg

Corleone

A known issue with Linksys routers is the NAT Type 3 or anything related to dropping of Internet connectivity during play time.  Network Address Translation (NAT) is the ability of a router or firewall to translate a public IP address to a private IP address and vice versa.  It adds security to the network by keeping the private IP addresses hidden from the outside world.

Here is the link for resolving the NAT issue: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=2902de6218ed4dc1a4c595595ca1f60a_Resolving_NAT_Typ...

As far opening the ports is concern here is the link which will help in opening the ports: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=d9b27a0c1bb9496d8c22d0d55f875ddf_17241.xml&pid=80&...

Genesis Strike

Now thats how you help someone out.  Thanks mate.