flox22

How to block internet?

Hi I have a linksys wrt110 router. Now what I want to do is block internet acess to one of my computer all the while still allowing it to have local connectivity with my other computers. How would we do this? Please can somebody guide me through this. Thank you so much!

forsaken

Re: How to block internet?

You can follow this link and it will help you in blocking internet access on your 1 computer, but it will allow that computer to access network resources.

flox22

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Yes this method does work in preventing internet to one of my computers but somehow that blocks it from using my local network as well.

Wizzard

That is strange because Access Restrictions allow you to limit Internet access on your network. I think it should not block the computer from accessing the Local network. What if you disable the policy? Can you access the Local network when the policy is disabled in access restriction? Also check the firewall settings on that computer.

Check the IP address of another computer that is in the network and try to ping the IP address. If you get replies from other computer then both the computers are communicating with each other in local network.