How to block websites

Im using a linksys e 2000

Is there a way to block more than 4 websites, and 4 keywords?

Re: How to block websites

I'm not sure if this will work, but try creating an additional rule for the same device and enter in the additional keywords that you want to add. 

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.

Try these troubleshooting steps:

A] With the help of Cisco Connect Software (if at all you have installed the router with the help of this software)

1] Open the software and go to the option which says "Router Settings"

2] Then click on the option which says "Advanced Settings" which will take you to the router's configuration page.

3] Then click on Access Restriction tab and do the following steps.

# Select a number from the Access Policy drop-down menu.
# Enter a Policy Name in the field provided.
# To enable this policy, click the radio button beside Enabled.
# Click the Edit List button to select which PCs will be affected by the policy. The List of PCs screen will appear. You can select a PC by MAC address or IP address. You can also enter a range of IP addresses if you want this policy to affect a group of PCs. After making your changes, click the Save Settings button to apply your changes or Cancel Changes to cancel your changes.
# Click the appropriate option, Deny or Allow, depending on whether you want to block or allow Internet access for the PCs you listed on the List of PCs screen.
# Decide which days and what times you want this policy to be enforced. Select the individual days during which the policy will be in effect, or select Everyday. Then enter a range of hours and minutes during which the policy will be in effect, or select 24 Hours.
# You can block websites with specific URL addresses. Enter each URL in a separate field next to Website Blocking by URL Address.
# You can also block websites using specific keywords. Enter each keyword in a separate field next to Website Blocking by Keyword.
# You can filter access to various services accessed over the Internet, such as FTP or telnet. (You can block up to three applications per policy.) From the Applications list, select the application you want to block. Then click the >> button to move it to the Blocked List. To remove an application from the Blocked List, select it and click the << button.
# If the application you want to block is not listed or you want to edit a service’s settings, enter the application’s name in the Application Name field. Enter its range in the Port Range fields. Select its protocol from the Protocol drop-down menu. Then click the Add button. To modify a service, select it from the Application list. Change its name, port range, and/or protocol setting. Then click the Modify button. To delete a service, select it from the Application list. Then click the Delete button.

B] If you haven't installed Cisco Connect then you can log on to the router's user interface using it's default IP address in the browser which is 192.168.1.1 and type in 'admin' as the password leaving the username field blank. This will take you to the router's web interface and then follow steps as mentioned above to make the changes.

vai_fan, I think you are confused. He already knows how to add a policy, he just wants to bypass the 4 keyword limitation. 

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.

kyle15 wrote:

Im using a linksys e 2000

Is there a way to block more than 4 websites, and 4 keywords?

or what you wanted to achieve may be a firmware feature limitation...