Raja_353

How to connect two Linksys routers on two different wifi networks

Hi

I have been using Linksys WRT160 N in the past and had one wifi connection at home. I have recently purchased a Linksys E1200 and trying to set up a new wifi connection with a different broadband provider - the first one will still be active and is working fine. I am unable to configure the second wifi connection and I suspect its due to the IP conflict, since the first connection uses the IP address 192.168.1.1 and the default IP address in the latest router is also 192.168.1.1. Can someone please suggest how to resolve this? I use an iMAC to set up the connection, and its runs OS X 10.5.8.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Raj

Raja_353

How to connect two Linksys routers on two different wifi networks at home

Hi

I have been using Linksys WRT160N and recently got the Linksys E1200

Administrator
24JUAN80

Re: How to connect two Linksys routers on two different wifi networks at home

You may want to read about cascading routers as posted by gv.

http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/Connecting-two-routers-wired-the-definitive-answe...

Additionally, you can also refer to the Cisco Knowldege base on how to do so.

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=785463d9ecaf4cac84aed245b08d615f_3733.xml&pid=94&r...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raja_353

Thanks for your reply. My issue is not cascading but setting up basically two different wifi networks at home using different service providers. Any thoughts on resolving this?

many thanks,

Raj

Expert
zee29

So each one router has a different provider ? It should be ok. If the 2 routers will not be physically connected to each other then it will not cause any type of conflict. If you plan to create 2 networks that will be ok since they have diifferent internet service providers. Just make sure that you create different network names so that you will be able to identify which router is which.

Raja_353

Thanks zee29. Yes, each router has a different service provider. However, for some reason, the Linksys E1200 router is not setting up. This service provider uses PPPoE. Any suggestions most appreciated.

Rajagopal A.

Jake_2.0

Hi, what is the ip address that you get if you connect your computer  to the modem. Do you see a PPPoE dialler installed on your computer.