oscaraujo

How to reinstall Router WRT160N

I tried to reinstalled the softwear to set a new password in my computer because I don't remember the password for the wireless (for my wife's computer) but it ask me to do the default username & password. I don't know where and how to do it?
picohat

Re: How to reinstall Router WRT160N

If you forget pre-shared key to connect to wireless network, then you can log in to wireless router's configuration page to reset it again. If you also forget the username/password to log in to wireless router's  configuration page, then you can press the reset button for 30-60seconds, after that use following info to login and reconfigure your wireless router.

default username: (leave it blank)      password:admin

If still not sure how to connect to your router and configure it, then have a look on this wireless setup and then configure wireless router.  

oook

Re: How to reinstall Router WRT160N

So you need to know the Security key. Which you can locate it from your Wireless Router.

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1
Leave username blank & in password use "admin" in lower case...(If it dosent accept "admin" password,you can try the password which you entered while configuring your router for the first time).

For Wireless Settings, please do the following : -
Click on the Wireless tab

For Wireless Security : -
Click on the Sub tab under Wireless > Wireless Security...In this tab you will be able to find your security key, So note down your security key, and try connecting to your wireless network using that security key.