DominicanBoy

How to remove DD-WRT on a WRT54G2 v1

[ Edited ]
Guys,

I Installed the DD-WRT firmware on my linksys WRT54G2 v1 router....ibut now the connection keeps on dropping...not stable, how do I roll back to the original linksys firmware??
Message Edited by DominicanBoy on 03-25-2009 05:09 PM
Message Edited by DominicanBoy on 03-25-2009 05:59 PM
Expert
Expert

Re: How to remove DD-WRT on a WRT54G2 v1

You go to the Linksys support pages of your router, download the Linksys firmware for your router model and version, and then upload it to the router through the web interface. dd-wrt should have the firmware upgrade function in the web interface.
DominicanBoy

Upgrade Failed.
Gollum

Maybe you downloaded the wrong firmware file

Download Firmware 1.7 MB...

Download TFT Utility...

Double click the tftp.exe file and click run :
For Server- Enter the IP Address of the router that you assigned.  By default, the router is 192.168.1.1...
For Password- Enter the password you assigned the router. By default, the router’s password is “admin”.
For File- Click the triple “…” button and browse for the .bin firmware file...
Click Upgrade button to start upgrading.  A progress bar should show up to show the progress.

Once the Upgrade is done press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...

DarkKnight

Hello I am having the same problem... I have a router that has been flashed with DDWRT and I need to go back to factory... Could you please help me out.

Expert
Expert

If a simple flash with official Linksys firmware does not work ask in dd-wrt forum. They should know how to get the original firmware back on the router...
D00MBR0TH3R

Dont forget the 30-30-30 rule... 30 sec reset... remainin holding for another 30 without power... remain holdingreset another 30 WITH power

bennor

Search the DD-WRT forums there are several threads over there where people are trying to flash back to the default Linksys firmware, there was one guy who claimed to have successfully flashed back. See the last post in that link for the information and how he went back to the Linksys firmware. The DD-WRT Wiki page for the WRT54G2 V1 claims there is only one way to flash back to the default Linksys firmware and it requires the use of a JTAG.

Post back and let us know if it works. I've been pondering using DD-WRT on a WRT54G2 V1 router but want to be able to flash back to the stock firmware and its not clear if one can do so successfully and easily at this time.

DarkKnight

Day 2 no love...

I tried jtag firmware its not doing the deed...

I have tried a few other tftp programs it is just not playing..... Anyone have any ideas...

I tried the 30/30/30 thing... not so good from what I saw but I am about to try it again.

Blaine Motsinger