Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Digiti

How to remove unsecured guest account in advanced settings

I am broadcasting two accounts: my  WPA/WPA2 Mixed secured account and an unwanted unsecure guest account. How do I remove this account and keep my secure account. I am using Vista and the advanced  manual settings in my Cisco e1000 router. Thanks.

Expert
sabretooth

Re: How to remove unsecured guest account in advanced settings

The guest account can be managed by running the Cisco Connect software you received with the router.

Digiti

I edited the xml file to get to use the Connect software again but this  Cisco refurbished e1000 does not have adequate wireless range for my use. It is not as powerful as my old Linksys WRT54GS so it is being returned.

ridcully

You can try changing the wireless channel on the router to increase the signal strength of the wireless network.

Guest network shows unsecured and anyone can connect to the guest network. however they can not access the Internet without a password. So there is a password to access the internet using guest network also.

Guest access is a Cisco Connect exclusive feature.  It will not be available if you choose to set up your Valet or Linksys Wireless-N Router using the web-based setup page. The guest network is different from your private wireless network.  This is very convenient especially if you always have guests in your home who would like to access the Internet. When guests connect to the Guest network, they can connect to the Internet but will not have access to computers and devices which are connected to your Valet or Linksys Wireless-N Router.  The Guest network is a virtual network within  your private network. The Guest network operates on a different IP address range (192.168.33.x).  This allows your guests to connect to the Internet without becoming a part of your private network. The guest will need the password to the network if they want to access the Internet.

Ruthimull

alanamey2

Digiti wrote:

I am broadcasting two accounts: my  WPA/WPA2 Mixed secured account and an unwanted unsecure guest account. How do I remove this account and keep my secure account. I am using Vista and the advanced  manual settings in my Cisco e1000 router. Thanks.

sophie ray crane

what would the password be?

Expert
iamgiantherockstar

What is the model of your Linksys device? You can try the steps from the link below:

Checking the Wireless Settings on a Linksys Router

vmars93

Ridcully,

Do guests have any privacy when connected to someone's Cisco router? Or can the owner access a guest computer and possibly monitor internet activity?

Jake_2.0

The guest network is just a virtual network(w/c uses a different ip address 192.168.33.xx). Technically the guest network is an unsecured network but the moment the user tried to access the internet then it will then ask for the browser password.