Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dreztunna

How to set mac settings with new admin computer

So, let me start from the beginning. 

The computer that I used to configure the wireless network that I'm running from my WRT54GS is now in a non-working condition.  I am trying to set up a Nintendo wifi connection, but it says that I must add the Wii's MAC address to the "allowed" list.  Given that the computer that I used to set up the wireless network doesn't work anymore, I need to know how i can use my laptop to change the settings of the router.  I'm running windows 7.

dudztgp

Re: How to set mac settings with new admin computer

[ Edited ]

Connect your laptop directly to the router. Run ipconfig to determine the gateway. Here's the procedure.
Once you have acquired the gateway, type it in your browser. You should be able to see the router's setup page. By the default, username should be left blank and password is admin.

dreztunna

When it prompts me to enter the password, it's not accepting the password and blank username. If these settings were changed from the default, how do I find out what they would be?

dudztgp

I'm afraid you have to reset the router and reconfigure from scratch. There's no way we can get the password easily.
dreztunna

That's what I feared. So do i need to download the linksys software onto my laptop in order to configure the network?

dudztgp

No need to download the software. In my opinion, it's easier to configure the router manually.

For Cable connection, here's the procedure.

For DSL connection, here's the procedure.

dreztunna

thank you!

dudztgp

How was your connection now?