Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
pcquest

How to set time limit / schedule for connecting to the internet? HELP NEEDED?

Hi,

I have a wireless router wrt54g and it's connected to my desktop.  I have 2 PC laptops and 1 Macbook pro that can access to the internet through the router anytime.  However,  I do not want one of the laptops and the Macbook pro to be able to  connect to the internet at a certain time of the day. How can I do that without changing the WPA key everytime? I still want the desktop and one of the laptop to be able to connect though. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mort

Re: How to set time limit / schedule for connecting to the internet? HELP NEEDED?

For that you need to Enable Access Restriction Feature on your Router... So that you can allow or block the computers from access Internet at a given time frame. 

Click Here and follow the steps to Enable Access Restriction on your Router. 

pcquest

Re: How to set time limit / schedule for connecting to the internet? HELP NEEDED?

Thank you Mort. Can you show me how to find the MAC/ IP for step 5? Thanks again!

Step 5:
When the List of PCs screen appears, specify PCs by IP address or MAC address. Enter the appropriate IP addresses into the IP fields. If you have a range of IP addresses to filter, complete the appropriate IP Range fields. Enter the appropriate MAC addresses into the MAC fields.

Mort

To find IP Address of the Computer,Check this link .

To find Mac Address of the Computer,Check this link.

pcquest

Is there an option where I can set the user restriction like ALL the computers (so I do not have to find out each one' s IP or MAC address) are not allow to access internet except one? Thanks!