Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
smith000monday

How to set up proxy on WRT54GS router

I want to know how to setup proxy on Linksys WRT54GS router. I’m behind proxy, to use internet I have to set http proxy and port number on my browser. I would like to know how to setup the proxy on the Linksys router instead of on each computer browsers. So that everybody can connect the router and use internet without setting proxy.

Thanks
Mort

Re: How to set up proxy on WRT54GS router

I'm not clear about what your trying to accomplish? A proxy server in general provides protection from the internet. Your router provides many protective features to keep you from harm from the internet too.What are you trying to accomplish ?

smith000monday

I want to configure http Proxy to my router so that i will not configure it to every workstation
Mort

You cannot configure proxy on your existing router, instead you have to configure it on every workstation...

smith000monday

Thank you for the help
Bovski

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem if a proxy cant be configured on on a WRT54 what router would be needed ?

configuring a proxy on every workstation just isn't an option.

kawal

the router does not have proxy server capabilities. it would have to be a different computer/workstation set up as a proxy server that would have to be connected to the router to achieve this setup.

Bovski

Im aware the WRT54's arnt capable of doing this I was after the name Cisco product that could.