Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
CodyLS1

How to setup QoS on WRT54G Wireless Router for Wireless Laptop????????

Ok, my problem is that my sister has a laptop that uses the same router as the xbox's and computers in this house do, and it keeps hogging all the bandwidth.

I heard that setting up QoS on the laptop will let me choose how much bandwidth the laptop is using at any given time.

I'm just asking for some detailed help on how to do this...I am running a Windows XP also.

I am also wondering if QoS will let me choose exactly how much Bandwidth the laptop can take, like for example, 30 kbps, 50 kbps, etc. Instead of the priorities like, Low, Medium, High, etc.

Thanks

Ikester

Re: How to setup QoS on WRT54G Wireless Router for Wireless Laptop????????

You can set up your Access Restrictions to restrict access by days and times or you can set priority levels.  The priority level will simply allow one IP more access over other IP's.  I set up the access restriction for my sister-in-law who was having a problem with her teenager playing on their Xbox all night instead of doing his school work.  You should also make sure you have the latest firmware installed because with the newer firmware comes more options your router will have.  Most of the time anyway.
Richard Aichner (Ikester)
quack

Re: How to setup QoS on WRT54G Wireless Router for Wireless Laptop????????

Yes with the QOS settings you will have the options to selected how much bandwidth you need to assigne to a Computer or to the XBOX.

Click Here and follow the setps to setup QOS service on your Router.