Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
tatertot255

How to unlock my internet for more than an hour at a time?

I have to enter my password ever hour, anyone know how to make it so i can go around this?

Expert
Expert

Re: How to unlock my internet for more than an hour at a time?

Where do you enter your password?
RogerSC

This is your wireless password?  You are getting disconnected from your wireless network, and have to log back in every hour?  That sounds like flaky router behavior to me, shouldn't ever have to do that.  Of course, it might be your laptop, if you're using a laptop...you might try upgrading/re-installing your laptop's wireless network interface driver if you're experiencing this on a laptop.

What are your wireless security settings?  You might also need to reset and reconfigure your router if the problem isn't in your laptop wireless interface driver.

More information about what your hardware configuration is, and whether this is your wireless network password (I assume) would be really helpful.

tatertot255

It is a laptop, i dont know the thing is installed on my dads laptop, and yes it is the password to get onto the network

Ricewind

Does it happens on a particular computer/Laptop? If yes, try to upgrade the drivers for the wireless card. Here are the steps:

1 Click "Start," right-click "Computer" and click "Manage."

2 Click "Device Manager."

3 Double-click on "Network Adapters."

4 Right-click on your wireless card, select "Properties" and note the device manufacturer and name listed.

5 Click on the "Driver" tab and click "Update Driver." Choose to have your computer automatically search for driver updates. Driver updates will be automatically downloaded and installed if they are available. If no drivers are discovered, go to Step 

6 Navigate to the website of your device's manufacturer as noted in Step 4 and search for driver downloads for your device. Many hardware makers offer driver downloads on their official websites.

7 Download a driver, save the install file to your hard drive and run the install or setup .exe file to launch an installation wizard. Follow the instructions of the wizard to install the driver. Usually you will simply need to click "Next" a few times and check a box to accept a license agreement. Restart your computer after installation is complete.

Brenda

does it happen also to a different laptop (connecting wireless)?