Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ckeith

How to update firmware on my WRT54G2 V1

Been looking all around the site for how to update firmware and I seem to be having no luck. Can anyone help?
SPAWN_06

Re: How to update firmware on my WRT54G2 V1

CLICK THIS
"The war between heaven and hell depends on the choices we make, and those choices require sacrifice. That's the test"
Ckeith

And when I go to that all it tells me is to download a .bin file that I have no idea what to do with. It gives no real instructions as to download it.
SPAWN_06

On your router setup page (which you can access by typing in 192.168.1.1 on your address bar typing in admin for the password leave the username blank), there is a firmware upgrade subtab where you can browse and choose that bin file you downloaded from the site... after that, hit upgrade and it should do it. Make sure you do this only on a wired connection because wireless signals will cut off halfway if done on wireless..rendering your router useless ayt!?:smileywink:
"The war between heaven and hell depends on the choices we make, and those choices require sacrifice. That's the test"
scrooge

To upgrade the firmware on your Router, Follow the Steps bellow.

Go to website linksysbycisco.com/downloads.........insert model no of your router in serach tab......select proper version of your router........download the firmware file......save that file on desktop...

Follow these steps to upgrade the firmware on the device : -
Open an Internet Explorer browser page on a computer hard wired to the router...In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1...Leave the Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...
Click on the 'Administration' tab- Then click on the 'Firmware Upgrade' sub tab- Here click on 'Browse' and browse the .bin firmware file and click on "Upgrade"...
Wait for few seconds until it shows that "Upgrade is successful"  After the firmware upgrade, click on "Reboot" and you will be returned back to the same page OR it will say "Page cannot be displayed".

Now reset your router :
Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...