Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PDX-mom

How to view other devices connected to router

I can see how many devices are connected to my router at any one time, but how do I see which devices are connected?

Thanks!

jaymay

Re: How to view other devices connected to router

You mean which specific devices are connected to your router (e.g. ipad, iphones, printer, etc.)? What is the model number of your router? You can check which devices are connected by accessing your router page and check the DHCP client’s table. It would show you the list of devices that are connected wired and wirelessly to your router. Sometimes, if the router can’t determine what is that specific device that’s connected to it, it will just show ‘Network Device’.

PDX-mom

I have the E1000 v2.  It should be able to tell me somehow as it identifies devices available for parental controls.  I have tried to look through that list, but it lists all devices that have ever connected to my router (not very helpful).

Expert
zee29

For the E1000 V2 the only way to know what devices are connected to your network is thru the DHCP clients table only. It will show you the mac address or ip address of the devices that are currently connected to the network. If you are using the cisco connect software it will only show you the number of devices connected but will not be able to give you detailed information. If you check parental controls, it will allow you to select computers only since those are the only devices recognized by the software.

PDX-mom

Thanks.  I think that's poor planning on the Cisco team.  It really shouldn't be that difficult since the router issues each connected device a name for the parental controls feature.  Drives me nuts when a program can almost do what you need it to do!

kawal

the wireless clients list can also show you the wireless MAC of all wireless clients connected to your router.