Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Newbee2

Howto use WRT54G router to make satellite receiver LAN terminal wirelessly connectected?

Hi,

I have a satellite receiver with Ethernet LAN port connection point. I also have wireless network in my house to connect my computers wirelessly to internet.

Is it possible to make this satellite receiver wirelessly connected to my wireless home network by using WRT54G router attached to it?

If yes:

1)Which terminal of WRT54G router I must use for interconnection with satellite receiver ?

2)What I should do to configure WRT54G to achieve my goal, and how?

Thanks,

Carrot

Re: Howto use WRT54G router to make satellite receiver LAN terminal wirelessly connectected?

You cannot use the wrt54g to connect wirelessly to other network becuase the router cant receive wireless signal from other devices. If you want you can use the lan cable from the satellite connection and configure the router for wireless connection.
Newbee2

Re: Howto use WRT54G router to make satellite receiver LAN terminal wirelessly connectected?

Thank you very much for the first reply.

However let me simplify my question this way:

In order to make satellite receiver part of my wireless home network, is it possible to use WRT54G as wireless adapter by connecting it with an Ethernet cable to LAN terminal (which has Ethernet connector) of the satellite receiver?

If the answer yes:

WRT54G has 4 Ethernet connectors marked 1,2,3&4 for LAN and one marked as Internet for ADSL modem.

1) To which connector of the WRT54G I must connect the cable end coming from satellite receiver LAN terminal?

2) What should I do (step by step please) to configure WRT54G to achieve my goal?

Thanks.

Carrot

Connect the satellite receiver cable to internet port of the router.

Open the set-up page of router to check the valid internet ip address under status tab.

Expert
sabretooth

Yes you can connect it wirelessly.  What you need is a Wireless Gaming Adapter. This will plug into the Ethernet port on the back of the sat receiver and will then connect wirelessly to your router so you can download your video on demand programs.