alexcabano

I can't get online in my laptop, PIN help please!

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME I'M DESPERATE.

, I cant access my laptop with my wi-fi, its asking me for a PIN which is not on my router and I've already done the steps of going to the 1. something page and looked for the PIN there, i found some PIN numbers (I dont know what they are, im not too much into computers and stuff) and tried them but didnt work, also, when i go to the 1.9 whatever page, it's not as shown on those websites, it appears differently, anyway I tried by disabling the WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) option and now my laptop did not ask me for the PIN anymore, instead it asked me for the internet code and i put it but it still won't let me get in, and i know the password is correct since ive used it on my phone and other computer i have at home  but i really need it on my laptop, i dont know what to do, ive called the customer service people from my internet service and they dont know anything im getting kind of desperate i hope somebody can help me please!!!

Expert
primus

Re: I can't get online in my laptop, PIN help please!

Hi. Can you indicate the actual model number of the Cisco-Linksys device that we're dealing with here?

hillary681

what's the operating system of your computer? if you're sure about the password, and it doesn't work on your laptop, it might be a compatibility issue with the security mode set for your network. you mentioned accessing the setup page of your device to disable WPS; can you check what's the security mode in use?

btw, please indicate the model number of your device. features are model specific and the GUI may vary from one model to another.

alexcabano

Hello, the model is DPC2420

alexcabano

hello, i have windows vista home basic,  and the security mode is disabled.

my model number is DPC2420

I hope u can help me,thank u!

Expert
iamgiantherockstar

Hi. The Cisco DPC series like the DPC2420 is an ISP supported product. You should contact your ISP or reseller for support.