Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
G_R_E_E_N
Accepted Solution

I can't login into smart wifi router outside home?

Hey.

Do I need to portforward a port for logging into my Linksys EA6500 smart wifi router from outside home? I can only login when I'm om LAN or wifi..

Another question: Can I only login to the same router using an app? Isn't there a way to login via browser?

Thx.
opheliaimmortal23

Re: I can't login into smart wifi router outside home?

You should be able to access your router anywhere for as long as you're able to create an account and able to associate your router properly. Have you done that? And yes, you can use a browser to access the router. For more info about the Smart Wi-fi router you have, you refer to  the links below:

Attempting to access my web interface of the router redirects me to https://www.linksyssmartwifi.com

Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Frequently Asked Questions

Overview of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi

Setting up your Linksys router with Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account

Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router, EA6500 Frequently Asked Questions

Creating, activating and associating a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account

G_R_E_E_N

I can't login with the cloud account though it says that I do have one. When I try to reset password it says that my e-mail is wrong?? 

I Have a school project soon and I really need to login via cloud. Can you pls help me fix this? thx

opheliaimmortal23

When you created an account for your Smart Wi-fi router, did you receive an e-mail confirmation? Check your e-mail and you have to confirm it so that you'll be able to use it. Refer to this link ofr more info: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=12e0e8fa76f340739d0cb72037819ca9_Creating__activat...

G_R_E_E_N

It works now thx :smileyhappy:

N4NWD

I cant log in from inside the home - when I try to log on to my router is will accept my password then I get to watch little balls go around in circles till it times out and gois back to the sign on screen - and NO - I do not have the SMART wifi option enabled - Went thru that before - it caused so many problems that I had to return the router and start over.
Expert
zee29

What is the model of your router? After putting in your password and itgoes through the motions of logging in , it prompts for the password again? You might have entered the wrong one. Use the default password "admin" and if it will still not accept any password, reset the router for 10 seconds and wait for the powerlight to go solid and see if you can now access it. Just use myrouter.local in accessing the router interface.

N4NWD

When you enter an invalid password - you get the "Invalid Router Password" message. I have powered off the router - cable modem - waited for 20 seconds - powered on cable modem - powered on router - same problem still. It is like it gets caught in a loop that it cant get out of - then it will go back to the login screen (this usually takes 2 - 5 minutes) - the router is an EA6500/AC 1750. If I press the reset button in for 10 seconds - am I going to loose the parameters that I have entered?
ylime1984

There's a possibility that you will lost the settings because when you reset it it's like you set it back to its default. But before you reset the router, try to enter admin (lower case) for the both username and password.

N4NWD

I don't see an option for username - when I enter "admin" as Router Password I immediately get the message "Invalid Router Password" - I also have tried other passwords that I knew were incorrect and I immediately get the message "Invalid Router Password". When I enter the correct password - that is when the circle of dots (whatever) start. At this point - "Reset" button is not an option. The router appears to be working ok - There was something that I wanted to double check. I can't believe that LinkSys/Cisco would put out a product that acts this way.