bigfoot12

I can't secure my wireless router

I ran the software for my WRT54G wireless router. During the program it talked about securing the access after the program finished. I now can access the internet through my wireless router but it is not a secure access. How do I make it secure?

Bruce

richard804

Re: I can't secure my wireless router

Go to the download page and select your router then download the userguide for your router.  You will find how to secure your router.
Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada
castor

Re: I can't secure my wireless router

Connect your computer straight to the modem and download the firmware file for your router from www.linksys.com/download After downloading the firmware connect your modem to the Internet port on the router and connect your computer to port1 on the router...

Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.Then, unplug the power keep holding down the reset button for another 30 Seconds.Plug the power back in, and keep holding down the reset button for 30 Seconds.Release the reset button.
Open the Internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.1 in the Address Bar and press enter. When it prompts for the username and password, leave the username field empty and provide password as admin all in lower cases and then click on ok. Now click on the 'Administration' tab- Then click on the 'Firmware Upgrade' sub tab- Here click on 'Browse' to select the extracted/uncompressed .img or .bin file and click on "Upgrade"...After doing the firmware upgrade you have to reset this router again for 30 seconds.

Re-configure your router...