Mommy25

I cannot connect my laptop to my wireless router!

Ok I have one laptop already connected to my wireless router, but when I try to add another computer (my other laptop) it will not let me. It says that my settings do not match the requirements of the network. The network key is correct and so is the encryption type, the only difference I can see is that my Security type on my already connected laptop is WPA-PSK, and on the unconnected it is WPA-Personnal, but there is no WPA-PSK to choose. Can someone please help me!

Sharon

Mommy25

Re: I cannot connect my laptop to my wireless router!

The model is WRT54G

Please Help!

vai_fan

On your computer,remove all the preferred network and then,try to connect the wireless network.

Assuming that you have Windows XP on the computer..Click on Start and goto the Control Panel and double click on Network Connections, right click on Wireless Network Connection and click on Properties.Now on this window, click on the second tab Wireless Network and give a check mark on "Use windows to configure my wireless" and then remove all the network names present in the Preferred Networks Window. Then click on OK... 

Right click on the Wireless Network Connection again and click on View Available Wireless Networks and try to re-connect to your network...Now it will give you the opportunity to put the network/wep key, make sure you enter the correct network key and confirm it...It will connect..

sijo

l cannot connect my laptop to my wirleless router

Expert
OnnagokorO

Hi sijo and Welcome to the forums.

It would be best if you would clearly state the problems you are experiencing with the router.

thanks.