JaRule

I don't know where to find my Linksys Password?

I just got a new labtop for school and I'm trying to update my linksys wireless onto the labtop.  I have done this about 6 months ago onto another labtop in our family, but I dont ever recall being asked for a password to confirm anything (maybe I did but I can't recall it.)  I have the model number WRT54G.  When I do the setup with the CD-ROM it gets me passed like 8 or so steps and then it asks me for a password to verify things.  I don't know what my password is and I dont know how to find out where it is.... PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME????
Rajesh

Re: I don't know where to find my Linksys Password?

The default password for Linksys Routers is "admin"....
If your setup wizard is asking for any Network Key or Passphrase and if you caled Linksys to setup your Router the Network Key is your 10 digit Telephone No....

While setting up the Router it prompts to a password....the default password is "admin"....
Ikester

If you can access your router you can go to the wireless tab and reset it.  If not and your can not access your router (forgot the password and the default does not work) then you will have to reset the router and reconfigure it from scratch.  This LINK will show you how to access your router with the default settings.
Richard Aichner (Ikester)
leoteo

how to set password for linksys router
doyle002

I am setting up a new wireless and it  asks  for the network password..I do not have it ?
 Where will I find it ?
 Thank you..
 Doyle
azgirl

how do i re-set my user name and pass word so that I can secure my wireless connection?
bkwmwc

I cannot remember my password to my wireless network.  I'm trying to sync my iPod Touch and it won't work until I can come up with my wireless password.
Peacemaker

[ Edited ]
I just got a new labtop for work only and I'm trying to update my linksys wireless onto the labtop.  I have done this about 6 months ago onto another labtop in our family, but I dont ever recall being asked for a password to confirm anything (maybe I did but I can't recall it.)  I have the model number WRT300N.  When I do attempt connecting to the internet via the "Welcome Center" on my HP Pavillion dv9999us I get to the 3rd step (screen) and then it asks me for a "network security key or  passphrase". There is a following note: "The person who setup the network can give you the key or passphrase."  There never was one used in setting up our router with our first laptop in May '08!!  Nor was there any CD used in the set up of the router.  How do I get around this and allow me to access the internet thru my second lapton using the same router in the same house?  I am NOT concerned about security in the location I live. 
Thank you much!  Jim 
I
Kudos!

(Mod Note: Email address removed.)
Message Edited by giantherockstar on 12-05-2008 02:00 PM
counselor

i just got an ipod touch for christmas and dont know where to find my linksys password
WiiFan

You are just going to have to reset your setting of you router.  Put back everything to default.