waltershuebruk

Re: I don't know where to find my Linksys Password?

kjupton

I purchased my Linksys Wireless G Broadband Router about 3 years ago. The model number is WRT54G2 V1; Serial number CSV01HA12952. At the time I connected, I do not remember setting a password. Now I want my iphone and my printer/fax machine to work with wireless. Can someone please help me with the password for this router?

Administrator
24JUAN80

Welcome to the Cisco Home Community.

Log in to your routers admin page and you can view and edit your routers security under the Wireless tab.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aeem786

master passworld

rickqueen

I can't get online and have forgotten my linksys wireless password, . I don't have a cd with it, its about a year old and I have the little oblong white thingy that plugs into the router. what can i do ?

troia

Re: password

do you have a computer that is connected directly to the router or still has a wireless connection to it?

if you do not have one, temporarily connect a computer to the router.

once connected, open internet explorer and type in http://192.168.1.1, when asked for the login, leave the username blank and type admin in the password (unless you changed its password).

go to the wireless tab, then wireless security. it will tell you the password there.

Morristown319

sweet117

i cant remember my ip password

bill228

bill228

JaRule wrote:
I just got a new labtop for school and I'm trying to update my linksys wireless onto the labtop.  I have done this about 6 months ago onto another labtop in our family, but I dont ever recall being asked for a password to confirm anything (maybe I did but I can't recall it.)  I have the model number WRT54G.  When I do the setup with the CD-ROM it gets me passed like 8 or so steps and then it asks me for a password to verify things.  I don't know what my password is and I dont know how to find out where it is.... PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME????