Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
iamgiantherockstar

Re: I forgot my password for my wireless router

Is this for the login to the router's admin page? If so, leave the username blank (empty) and put admin for the password. If it doesn't work, you need to reset the router (press the rest button at the back panel for 30 seconds) and reconfigure it from scratch. Here are some links:

Checking the Wireless Settings on a Linksys Router

Setting Up Wireless Security on a Linksys Router

Setting Up a Router with Cable Internet Service

Setting up a Linksys router for DSL Internet connection

Let us know if it will help.

klr6262010

Hi, what if the router is reset and I go to log in to manually configure the router and it won't accept admin as the password?  What can we do then?

opheliaimmortal23

klr6262010 wrote:

Hi, what if the router is reset and I go to log in to manually configure the router and it won't accept admin as the password?  What can we do then?

Hi there. What is the model number of your router? How long did you reset the router? When a router is reset to factory defaults admin should be working by then. Try admin in both fields (username and password) or try to do the reset again on it.

atwelldusang

I would like to re-set my password for lmy wireless router..........how do I do this ?

Administrator
24JUAN80

What is your router model? Look for the reset button and it will restore the settings including the password to default. (Leave username blank and type admin in the password field.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kawal

Can you indicate the model of your Cisco-Linksys router? Also, are you referring to the wireless password (WEP, WPA, WPA2) or the router's web interface login password?

ylime1984

This link will help you secure the wireless network on the linksys router,

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=19073

Btw, what''s the router's exact model no.?

dynofan1

I am going crazy trying to hook up my Sony Tablet S to the internet. When I try to set up the wireless it asks for password. I don't remember ever setting up a password! Then it says access password can be found using Cisco Connect, DUH....... 

ylime1984

I guess it would be better for you to verify or get the wireless settings first you had configured on the wireless router before connecting other devices thru it so that you'll not going to be lost. Check this site to guide you in accessing the router's GUI to get the wireless setting, http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=e4eb3930704f4f2d927acb40a8c90522_3968.xml&pid=80&r...

If you have Cisco Connect, launch the program then go to Router Settings tile. Your wireless settings should be displayed there.

SOLORZAE