Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dvaggalis

I have Cisco IP Communicator (IP Softphone) running on my...

I have Cisco IP Communicator (IP Softphone) running on my laptop.  I use Cisco's IPSEC client when I am out of the office and use my softphone to make calls but I can't seem to make it work from home. 

I have a Linksys WRT45G  at home.  My VPN into the office works fine, I can get to shared drives, etc... but can not TFTP to get my config file for the softphone.

I have IPSEC passthru, and ports open for the TFTP port.  I have even set my laptop up on the DMZ but still can not get the softphone to work.

Suggestions?
saber_tooth

Re: I have Cisco IP Communicator (IP Softphone) running on my...

Does it work if you bypass router and connect computer directly to modem?
richkohlman

I have the exact same problem. My IP Communicator works on public WiFi, at conventions and on the WiFi at work.  I upgraded my firmware to 4.30.12, but it does not fix the problem.

Did you find a solution?
richkohlman

Yes.  If I hardwire the PC, IP Communicator works fine.
ptucholski

I'm also experiencing the same issue with our company Cisco Softphone not working over a wireless connection, but works if the person is hardwired.
jethros

Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem??  I have the exact same problem with my BEFW11S4 wireless router.  Able to make a VPN connection to my office network when connected wirelessly.  Unable to connect my softphone over that VPN connection though.  When wired however, able to make both VPN and softphone connection.  Gotta be a way to make this work.  Hoping someone can help !!  : )
Chadb

Has anyone come up with a good resoultion for this -

One offsite user has a wrt54g v2 with updated software running vpn client 4.0 and the softphone will not register over wireless but will wired.

I have tried all different things at home and I can't reproduce the issue -

1) VPN4.0 on a wrt54gl - I have no issues wired/wireless

2) VPN 5.0 ""

3) VPN 5.0 on Dlink 655 no issues either way

4) VPN 5.0/4.0 on WRT54gs with dd-wrt and no issues wired/wireless.

Is it an issue with the older version of the wrt54g? I have one user on version 2 and one on version 4 I believe and they both have the wireless issue and softphone.

jethros

Sorry Chad ... never managed to find a solution ... If I want to use my softphone at home, I'm forced to work 'wired' (that would be connected to the router as opposed to too much coffee : )   I use CheckPoint VPN software and a Nortel softphone, but still have the same issue:  softphone works when 'wired' but won't connect when 'wireless'. 

I'm subscribed to this thread just in case someone happens to come up with something that might make this work.  Please post back if you happen to find a solution.  Thanks.

Chadb

Well my only option may be to see if the company will replace these routers for the few users having the issue. I am out of thoughts/ideas on this one as everything I looked at looks fine.