krista26wv

I have a nook ereader and it wont let me connnect to my wifi

At home, It maybe my wireless router settings my settings are no authentication open and wep, my linksys router is a wireless -g 2.4. ghz, any help would be appreciated.

dudztgp

Re: I have a nook ereader and it wont let me connnect to my wifi

Do you get any error message?
krista26wv

No and it sees my wi fi network and tells me to connect and tells me to type in my password and I do and it says its the wrong password but I know its right, and I am having problems getting into my configuration to change anything.

dudztgp

Try removing the password on the router and try it. It's possible that your wireless security is not supported by nook, like WPA2 or something.
great_white

What is the model number of your router?

Connect the computer to the router with the Ethernet cable.

Open the setup page of the router. Click on wireless tab and go to wireless security sub tab. Check the wireless security settings. If it is WEP then the number in Key 1 box will be the password/key for your wireless network.

Heniford

Re: I have a nook reader and it wont let me connect to my wifi

I can view a Netflix movie through Roku on TV, get an Internet connection on my laptop, but no Internet connection for my new Nook. The Nook says my router password is invalid. Research online reveals that hooking the new Nook is difficult for many Nook owners. Help!

mvthornton1

I have been trying to connect for a week and almost returned my nook tablet when I discovered the Cisco Network Magic.  I originally ignored this thinking it was a for fee added feature.  When I found it on my computer, however, I clicked on add a device and entered information and both my new nook tablet, and the nook simple touch I have had for a year were added to my network.  This program turns off some security so I could enter my own network.

It found the mac code for both devices itself. 

They appeared on the screen and all of a sudden were connected after hours of frustration and calls to nook support.

The big confusion is over the word password.  I kept entering my network password when the real information the network wanted  was my network security key.  I had to make both nooks forget I had had ever tried to connect preiously, but then they both dconnected with no fuss.  Luckily I keep my network information in a file on my computer.

Jake_2.0

Basically for a wireless device to connect to the wireless then you will definitely use the security key.