Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Janicehoff@comcast.com

I just got the Vizio with internet apps & it won't connect to my linksys wireless router.

The only way it will work is with the ethernet cable. I want to choose the wireless option & it says it's not configured correctly due to the router. How do I fix this? Is there a special link I'm supposed to download or something?

Jaygyver

Re: I just got the Vizio with internet apps & it won't connect to my linksys wireless router.

Need a bit more info.

Do you have the EXACT warning why it won't connect?

Which Vizio, an HDTV,  Blueray player, etc,?

Are you the one that set up the Router?

Which model Router is it?

Basically if you can connect to the internet with the Ethernet cable then it "should" connect wireless. Can a wireless computer use the internet?

Make sure the Router is set to MIX speed, b/g/n. If our Vizio is only capable of G speed's and your Router is set to N "only" it will ignore any thing slower so the Vizio won't be able to talk UP to the N network.

Good luck....

castor

Re: I just got the Vizio with internet apps & it won't connect to my linksys wireless router.

What is the model number of your wireless router?

Do you have any computer connected to the router with the Ethernet cable or working wireless?

Connect the computer to the router with the Ethernet cable. Open the Internet browser and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 and log in to the router setup page. The default password of Linksys router is admin, leave the user name blank.

Go to Wireless tab and set the configuration view to the Manual. Check the wireless network name ( SSID ) and change the channel to 11. Save the settings. Go to Wireless security sub If the wireless security is enabled then make sure that you have the correct password of the wireless network.

Once you have all the wireless settings, try to connect to the wireless network.