07-02-2008 12:39 AM
07-02-2008 05:57 AM
Note: The default User Name and Password must be typed in lower case letters
The Basic Setup page appears. Click on the Advanced Setup icon.
Note: Make sure your VPI and VCI are set properly as per your Provider's specs.
Now as far as the router goes, you will set up as follows.
1. open your Internet Explorer
2. type - 192.168.1.1 in to the address bar
3. A Linksys sign in box will open: user name: leave it blank
4. At the set up tab drop down the first box you see and choose: PPPoE
5. once that is done a box asking for a: User Name and Password will appear, this is were you will enter in the info from your DSL provider. Then check "Keep Connection Alive.
6. go to the bottom of the page and click on :save settings
7. Go to the status tab and if the Connect button is highlighted, click it. If you are unable to connect you will need to configure the DSL modem for Bridge Mode. This will vary in set-up as each DSL providers set-up screens will vary.
8. Close out of IE.
If you will provide us with your DSL providers Name and the make and model of the DSL modem, I may be able to provide you with instructions to follow. If not then you will need to contact your DSL provider.
Note: Other than the above instructions I really do not have any other info on zoom, so give it a try and see if it will work for you.
07-02-2008 01:26 PM
07-03-2008 09:42 PM