Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ccookwood

I pushed my reset button

and can't find my internet connection anymore.  I have the wrt110.  when I click the little computer in the corner on my computer to see where I'm connected my connection isn't there and I have to log onto someone elses unsecured network.  Help as you can see i'm not very computer savy!

dudztgp

Re: I pushed my reset button

Connect your computer directly to the router. Follow the procedure below.

For DSL connection, here's the procedure.

For Cable connection, here's the procedure.

After that, check if it connects to the internet. If yes, follow the next procedure.

Change your SSID to something unique so you can identify your network easily and to avoid conflict with other SSID. Here's the procedure.

Enable wireless security on your router. I suggest you use WPA or WPA2. Here's the procedure.

sirsly

I pushed the reset button and nothing seems to happen.  All the LEDs across the front are solid green.  The power light is a dim green.

dudztgp

Push the reset button for 30sec
etcottle

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Connections just quit.  All lights but one are are green and won't go out, even though no wires are connected.  I can't connect to the router, can't get any response at all.  Tried the reset button half a dozen times by now.  Each time longer than 30 seconds.  Doesn't work.

-ETC

etcottle

The only light that isn't green is the wireless one.

dudztgp

Try this procedure first. If it doesn't work. Try the 30-30-30 reset procedure.

Rase

i hav, to my router connected my desk PC(via cable) and a laptop (wireles con).

I just want to change the routers web-page setting pasword, for that i need to reset my router all together,

will it compromise those 2 conections, or wil i have to "reconect" them all agin after reset?

FWENTZ

Re: I pushed my reset button and now my linksys is not secure

Expert
kent07

Re: I pushed my reset button and now my linksys is not secure

Here's how to reconfigure your wireless settings:  Setting-Up WPA Wireless Security on a Access Point